Business Developer China – Heavy lifting & Transport
Purpose of the Job
- As entrepreneurial hands on BDM, you explore the Chinese market to develop heavy lift and special lifting opportunities in China, with potential to develop local operations within China.
- You will introduce the excellence competence and solutions of the Group. You will work closely together with the regional Asian office through the regional director Asia, as the HO through the sales director. You will work actively on opening customer doors and building up good customer relationships in your local market.
- You will have the future opportunity of developing a new entity. To promote the Group brand where needed
Authority and position in organization chart
Regional Director Asia
Indirect reporting line to Global Sales Director
Regional director Asia
Global Sales Director
Heavy lift contractors in the area
Business unit leaders, regional directors and regional project sales managers
General business development matters in collaboration with Regional director Asia and Global Sales Director.
Suggest investment priorities with the Group senior leadership.
Main areas of achievement (Interest in %)
Sell heavy lift solutions to customers
Develop and maintain relationships and interact with client to determine their needs and assess how the Group can benefit.
Plan and conduct market research to identify opportunities to increase business.
Identifies new business opportunities for assigned area subsidiaries.
Manage new global business opportunities indentify and quantify new business/ market opportunities.
Work closely with the Group regional offices in order to identify and target key clients/ projects whereby the Group success ratio is greatly increased.
Obtain regional offices input to develop area strategic plan, in alignment with corporate strategic plan.
Exploratory & Marketing 35%
In a first period the BDM indentify local needs for the Group products
- operated crawler crane rental
- full project offering (operators, project managers, equipment ranging from 25ton to 2000ton)
- engineered / technical solutions (operators, project engineer, variety of equipment ranging from SPMTs, skidding, jacking, tower systems, barges, …)
Get acquainted with the local market and the clients by actively participating in the ongoing projects in local market
Develop presentation content (power-point…) showcasing the Group capabilities to new and existing clients.
Represent the Group at key functions throughout the world.
Analyzing, Strategic planning and Reporting 10%
Provide detailed market analysis/ yearly macroeconomic figures/ strategic reports from which
Communicate with customers, business unit leaders, corporate staff, and partners to ensure that the corporation is meeting customer expectations.
Confer with senior leadership to develop strategy, create annual budgets, measure achievements and adjust strategies and priorities as needed.
Establish strategic marketing, account and capture plans, and other activities to achieve corporate objectives. Set priorities in conjunction with the Group objectives.
Analyzes customer requirements and adjust strategy and tactics to increase business development effectiveness.
Provide post-event reports, analysis and regular status reports on client development/ programs progress.
Return key discussion/ concerns/ major project evaluation from clients to the Group Senior staff and determine the best way forward.
Act as Trouble-shooter/ go-between of problems with key clients/ projects- Play the “good guy/ bad guy” scenario.
Make Safety/incident reports on irregular working situations you see in your region or on any of the worldwide the Group sites (at least 3/year)
Make safety suggestions/recommendations when & where appropriate
Supervision and coaching
Coaching and training the Group key regional sales people in use of IIR
Other people involved in Business development activites
Competences and profile
Education : engineer or equivalent through experience (minimum 5 years)
Knowledge of :
- LBC cranes, SPMT’s basics, …
- the Group equipment & creative solutions
- Market Analysis and marketing
- Strategic management
- International Project financing, bonds, insurances, INCO terms, shipping, customs, etc… (on the job training if lacking in any of these fields)
- 10 years of experience in sales, preferably in Projects and preferably in an international context
- other languages an asset
Capable in having general Technical- commercial discussions with potential and actual clients (work towards “sustainable relationships with partners”)
General presentation techniques
Will to reach target
Ability to make contact easily
reliable & trustworthy
willing to travel on a frequent basis